Well to be honest last few days I am experiencing “writers block” L……….. that is I cant think of anything to write about, so I thought why not instead share a couple of recipes which I had written for a friend who couldn’t cook!!!. So enjoy!!!
1 cup basmati rice
1 cup mix veg of your choice(carrots , peas, diced potato, sliced baby corn, sliced green beans, red and green capsicums)
1 small onion diced
salt to taste
2 small pieces cinamon stick
2-4 curry leaves.
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1/2 teaspoon jeera
1.Wash n soak rice 1 hour before cooking.
2.In a heavy bottomed frying pan with lid heat oil.
when hot add jeera, curryleaves, cinnamon sticks and cloves stir around than add onions and cook till slightly golden brown
3. Drain the washed rice and add to pan stir around gently care not to break the rice.
4. Add veg salt n pepper
5. Add 2 cups water bring to boil and turn heat to lowest setting.
6. cover pan and leave on how heat for 20-25 mins.(DO NOT OPEN PAN LID IN THIS TIME)
7. After 20-25 mins all water will be absorbed and rice will be ready.
8. Fluff the rice up with a fork and put in serving dish, garnish with chopped coriander and fresh tomato slices and fine onion rings.
8.Serve with any curry or just raita.
4 oz Cauliflower
4 oz Beans
4 oz Carrots
2 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
Ginger Garlic paste (1/2 tsp)
2 Garlic pods (peeled and chopped)
Coriander leaves (1/4 cup)
2 Spring Onions (finely chopped)
Tomato Ketchup (2-3 tbsp)
Soya Sauce (4 tbsp)
Red Chilli powder (1/4 tsp)
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
1.Finely chop carrots, beans and cauliflower. Add ginger garlic paste, little salt, one chopped chillies.
2.Now add corn flour with 2 tablespoons water and mix as thick batter.
3.Now try to make small balls and fry in the oil till golden brown. Keep all the fried balls aside.
4.In a saute pan add 2-3 spoons of oil, add chopped garlic, onions, red chilli powder, salt, chopped chillies and saute them for a while. Once they are little fried add ketcup, soya sauce and mix well.
5.Now add all the fried balls and mix well so that these balls get a even coat of the sauces.
6.Garnish with chopped coriander
Serve with veg rice or boiled rice..