Writing blogs have become part of my daily routine, some are inspiring, some maybe boring, some about my daily antics and others just written on a spur of the moment. But the most rewarding thing about blogging is having a captive audience that takes the time to read them and more so even makes the effort to leave a comment at the end!! (Thanks it’s well appreciated!!) It was one of these comments made by a friend, which inspired this silly and senseless topic!!!
O– Oh dear what can I write on the topic of oranges??
R– Requested by a friend …..I guess as a joke, but rising to the challenge, I have to think of something to write on oranges!!
A– A day is like an orange, we squeeze moments and memories from each one, while worrying whether our glass is half-full or half-empty.
N-Not trying to bore but can see the dilemma here???
G-Give me some inspiration!! Oranges???..Juicy,round, sweet, pungent, full of vitamin C.
E-Energetic drinks you can make!!
S–Sorry this is proving more difficult then I thought!!
-How about an “orange” joke???
Two oranges were running down the road, what did one say to the other???
Ok, while u are thinking of the answer, here are some kewl recipes using oranges!!!
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup plain, low-fat yogurt
1/2 cup stemmed, sliced strawberries
honey to taste
Place all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed, Serve with crushed Ice
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 cup vanilla ice cream
2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
1/2 tsp. orange flavored extract or liquor
6-8 cubes crushed ice
½ teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
With all ingredients in blender, process on high until frothy and serve cold.
Orange chocolate chip cookies.
4 cups. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup. Butter
1 c. sugar
1 1/4 cup. Brown sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla
1/2 c. orange extract
6 oz. chocolate pieces/chip
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar in bowl until light and fluffy, using electric beater at medium speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to cream mixture, beating well after each addition, using mixer at low speed.
- Stir orange extract and chocolate pieces in.
- Drop mixtures separately by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets .
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets. Cool and serve!!
I think this is enough information on oranges!!! so on a closing note the answer you are waiting for…..
Heres the answer to the joke!!!